Work Experience: Trial attorney since 1973. Litigated commercial, contract, securities, fraud, business torts, product liability, environmental, medical, personal injury, domestic relations and white collar crime matters.
Education: B.S., Utah State University (1970). J.D., University of Kansas (1973).
Professional Licenses: Admitted to practice in 1973 in Kansas and Utah in 1974.
ADR Experience: Pepperdine University Law School, Mediating the Lititgated Case, Irvine, California 2009
Former Member, Board of Arbitrators of the National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc. (NASD) and the New York Stock Exchange. Mediator, complex commercial transactions. Trained as Domestic Resolution Mediator.
- Selected by Utah State Bar as Distinguished Lawyer of the Year for 2009
- President of the Utah State Bar, 1994-1995.
- President ABA National Conference of Bar Presidents (NCBP) 2003-2004.
- State Delegate, ABA House of Delegates 2000-2009. Member, ABA Standing Committee on Federal Judiciary, 2009-2012. Member from 10th Circuit, responsible for evaluating federal court nominees in a fifteen member committee.
- Jack Rabbit Bar, Chancellor 2007-2008 for this eight state organization consisting of state bars from Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota and South Dakota.
- Council Member, Alta Town Council 2002- 2009.
- Lecturer, Central and East European Law Initiative (CEELI) for Uzbekistan and Kazakstan, 1996.
- Member Board of Governors of University of Kansas, School of Law, 2005-07.
- Trustee, University of Utah School of Law, 1995-1996.
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation.
- Expert witness in securities law and corporate law issues in state and federal court proceedings.
- Member of the National Advisory Board of Lexis-Nexis Martindale Hubbell, 2003-2005.
- Judicial Conduct Commissioner, Judicial Conduct Commission, 1990-1995.
- Law Clerk, United States Tenth Circuit Court, 1973, David T. Lewis.