After 36 years as a trial lawyer, George Haley, one of Utah’s most distinguished trial lawyers, is bringing his considerable experience into the mediation and arbitration arena. He is known by clients and colleagues for his ability to simplify the most complex case by identifying its core issue, and he is respected by his peers as being a “straight shooter.” Both of these traits make him an effective mediator.
Mr. Haley has tried numerous cases, representing plaintiffs as well as defendants. He has handled and tried a wide variety of cases, many bet-the-company, complex litigation matters.
Mr. Haley is consistently recognized at the highest level by many legal ranking organizations, including receiving the highest ranking from Chambers and Partners each year since the inception of that rating service. He is one of only 25 Utah Fellows in the American College of Trial Lawyers. He also is one of ten Utah attorneys selected as a member of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and is a member of other select trial advocate organizations, as well.
Mr. Haley is qualified and willing to mediate the following types of cases:
- Complex Commercial Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Oil and Gas Royalty Disputes
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Products liability
- High-End Divorces
- International Commercial Disputes
- B.U.S., magna cum laude, University of Utah (1975)
- J.D., University of Utah (1978)
- Litigation Partner at Holland & Hart LLP
- Completed AAA Mediation Training in 2014
- 2003 American Board of Trial Advocates “Trial Lawyer of the Year”
- 2012 The Best Lawyers in America© “Environmental Litigator of the Year”
- 2014 The Best Lawyers in America© “Antitrust Litigator of the Year”
- 2009-2014 Mountain States Super Lawyer® “Top 75 Mountain States Lawyers”
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- International Society of Barristers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
As a mediator, Mr. Haley brings his wide variety of experience in representing plaintiffs as well as defendants to bear, as well as his straight-forward but fair approach to help parties in all types of litigation find a way to settle their dispute. As an arbitrator, he brings a fair, professional, and neutral approach in deciding cases brought before him.