After 33 years as a trial lawyer in injury and death cases and insurance coverage and bad faith claims, Rick Rose has a unique perspective as a mediator. He has mediated hundreds of cases as counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants and as a mediator. He has a no-nonsense and creative approach to mediations and views his role as much more than a courier of offers and demands. In addition to mediating cases, he has an active litigation practice focusing primarily on product liability, transportation, and other tort cases as well as the insurance coverage and bad faith disputes that often arise in those cases. He has twice been named “Lawyer of the Year” in Utah Product Liability Litigation by The Best Lawyers in America and has been lead counsel for numerous worldwide and national manufacturers, trucking and bus companies, public utilities, mining companies, gas companies, construction companies and individual clients.
While Mr. Rose primarily mediates injury and death cases and the insurance coverage and bad faith claims arising out of those cases, Mr. Rose has also successfully mediated a wide variety of commercial disputes.
Mr. Rose owns a home in St. George, is interested in mediating cases in that beautiful city, and does not charge any travel fees to do so.
Mr. Rose has been recognized as one of the leading lawyers for litigation in Utah by:
- Since 2009 he has been consistently ranked in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in General Commercial Litigation in Utah (Band 4, 2020 edition)
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, and Product Liability Litigation (2008-2020 editions)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, “Lawyer of the Year” in Product Liability Litigation-Defendants (2016, 2018 editions)
- Utah Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite” in the categories of Insurance, Civil Litigation and Personal Injury (as published in Utah Business Magazine) (2005-2016, 2018-2020 editions)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers in the category of Personal Injury Defense: Products & General (2009-2019 editions)
- He also maintains an AV Preeminent (5.0) rating with Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating awarded to attorneys for professional competence and ethics.
J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., 1987
- Member, BYU LAW REVIEW
- cum laude
Whitman College, B.A., Economics, 1984
- Dean’s List
- Presentation, A View from the Other Side of the Bench, The Utah Association for Justice – 2019 Auto Spectacular, “Winning Strategies for Your Auto Cases,” Salt Lake City, Utah
- Presentation, Fifty Shades of Grey Matter, 2016 Brain Injury Conference, “Defending the Brain Injury Case,” Salt Lake City, Utah
- Presentation, The 23rd Annual Medical Device Seminar, Panel on Defending Life Science Drug and Devices: RX for Success, Isle of Palms, South Carolina
- Presentation, The 2010 Brain Injury Conference, Defense Panel on What Plaintiffs Do To Make Us Crazy. . . . Almost, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Presentation, The 2007 Brain Injury Conference, Defense Panel on Preparation and Trial of Brain Injury Cases, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Presentation, Insurance Law Update, Lorman Education Services, Salt Lake City, Utah, May, 1994, 1995 and 1996
- Author, Bad Faith Claims, 1994
- Co-author, Liability Insurance Coverage Issues, 1994
- Co-author of Commentary, Jury Instructions for Civil and Criminal RICO Cases with Commentary, Brigham Young Law Review
- Co-author, Product Liability Desk Reference, Utah Chapter, Aspen Publishers
- Co-author, Tort Law Desk Reference, Utah Chapter, Aspen Publishers