Chris Snow is well known for his ability to close and resolve complex and/or emotionally charged cases, particularly in the area of employment law and in business disputes generally. His problem-solving approach to litigation has helped resolve hundreds of cases in his litigation practice that has spanned 20 years. These cases have ranged from successfully defending and prosecuting multi-million dollar class actions to representing local businesses and individuals in civil litigation disputes.
Chris has become the go-to attorney for many well-known companies when complex disputes and investigations arise. He has built his reputation on understanding challenging cases and personalities and positioning his clients for successful early resolutions to their dispute. Mr. Snow believes strongly that most disputes can and should be resolved without litigation.
Mr. Snow has successfully defended against multi-million dollar claims asserted against his clients, and recovered multi-million dollar claims on behalf of his clients in both state and federal court. He has participated in over one hundred mediations in his career and believes strongly that most disputes can and should be resolved without litigation.
Mr. Snow is qualified and willing to mediate the following cases and disputes:
- Employment/Workplace Disputes
- Employment Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- COVID-19 Litigation
- Class Actions (Wage & Hour; Securities; Consumer Fraud)
- Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Claims
- Trade Secret Misappropriation Claims
- Complex Commercial Disputes
- Business Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Breach of Contract
- Legal Mal Practice
- Real Estate Commission Disputes
- Negligence Claims
After law school, Chris began his legal career as a Federal Judicial Clerk for the Honorable Dee V. Benson, and accepted a position in Washington D.C. with Jones Day, where he developed a specialty in the area of employment law. Over 15 years ago, Chris moved back to Salt Lake City to join the law firm of Clyde Snow & Sessions to head their Employment Law Practice Group. Chris continues to practice law, serving as lead counsel in hundreds of disputes that involve representation of both plaintiffs and defendants. This benefits his mediation practice greatly as he has his finger on the pulse of the court and the law in the state of Utah.
Chris received his mediation training at Pepperdine School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution. He received his juris doctor degree at the S.J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah, where he was a member of the Utah Law Review. He also received his undergraduate degree from the University of Utah with a B.S. in Political Science. And for mediator’s balance, he studied at the BYU Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies, which is by far his favorite University educational experience.
- Mr. Snow is licensed in Utah, California and Washington D.C.
Awards and Honors
- Utah Business Magazine, Utah Legal Elite, Labor & Employment Law (2009-2020)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers ® , Rising Star, Employment Litigation: Defense, Business Litigation, Real Estate (2012)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers ® , Rising Star, Employment Litigation (2008-2011)
- Utah Business Magazine Legal Elite, Business Litigation (2005)
- Invited to join America’s Top 100 Attorneys ®
- Invited to join American’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators ®